Tomorrow Ivy will be 11 weeks old... and she is starting to really "talk" and getting close to laughing, too. She has this high pitched noise that she makes that sounds as if she is trying to laugh. Very cute.
She also likes to stand up on her feet with us supporting her so she can see the world. Her eyes get really big and excited when we do this.
She threw us for a loop this week when she refused to nurse for the better part of 24 hours. After nursing great for the first 8 or so weeks of her life, things deteriorated and then she just went on a nursing strike, which led me to panic that she was weaning herself and starving herself. However, things got better in the next day or two. It turns out I have an infection that may have had something to do with it. I'm on medication and hopefully nursing will get back to how it used to be soon...
Ivy spent the night in her crib for the first time last night. She did very well - although I didn't, because I was worried about her! That's the first time she hasn't slept in the room with us. I'll get used to it, I know, but she's at the peak time for SIDS, and being a brand new parent, I can't help but be nervous.
Her nursery is finally starting to smell from the dirty diapers in the diaper pail :( Guess we knew it was coming sometime. We've got to be more on top of it now, as the smell is drifting through the whole house! I actually hadn't noticed it (maybe because I'm here all the time), but Adam pointed it out last night and now it is really bothering me. Thanks, Adam.
This week we took Ivy out to a restaurant for the first time... and it didn't go so well! She was just fussy and antsy and we had to take turns going outside to hold her so she wouldn't bother those around us. Guess we'll try again another time...
Well, that's all for now. She is just getting cuter and cuter every day!
